Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:02:14 +0200
From:      "Lasse Laursen" <laursen@netgroup.dk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Traffic Shaping?

Hi all,

Setup summary:

We have a server that runs some free hosting - we would like to limit the
max bandwidth usage to 40 MBit.

We have one network card in the machine and we would like to put a limit on
the usage of bandwidth. I have had a look at mod_throttle but according to
the documentation it simply denies connections to the webserver (Apache)
once the bandwidth limit has been reached.

Is there any way to easy shape the traffic (we need as little downtime as
possible.)?

Could you please reply to my email address as well as the list - :-)

Thanks in advance.

Regards
--
Lasse Laursen <laursen@netgroup.dk> - Systems Developer
NetGroup A/S, St. Kongensgade 40H, DK-1264 København K, Denmark

- We don't surf the net, we make the waves.