Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 2009 13:24:26 +0200
From:      Alson van der Meulen <alson+ml@alm.flutnet.org>
To:        Erik Stian Tefre <erik@tefre.com>
Cc:        Jordi Espasa Clofent <jespasac@minibofh.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade OpenSSH in 6.3 and 7.0 RELENG

* Erik Stian Tefre <erik@tefre.com> [2009-06-17 12:34]:
> Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
> > =C2=BFHow can I upgrade the OpenSSH in the _same_ RELENG? =C2=BFMaybe u=
sing the
> > ports?
>=20
> portsnap fetch update
> cd /usr/ports/security/openssh-portable/
> make install clean
> /etc/rc.d/sshd stop
> Set sshd_enable=3D"NO" in /etc/rc.conf
> Set openssh_enable=3D"YES" in /etc/rc.conf
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/openssh start
>=20
> This will enable the 5.2p1 sshd.
> The new client is installed as /usr/local/bin/ssh.

You can also set OVERWRITE_BASE in the config menu that will pop up if
you compile the openssh-portable port for the first time (or just do
make config). This will install openssh in /usr. I added NO_OPENSSH=3Dyes
to make.conf (src.conf in 7.0+) so a subsequent make installworld won't
overwrite it again. This will make life easier IMO because you don't
have two different versions of ssh around. Having the SSH version depend
on your $PATH and whether you have /usr/local mounted can be confusing,
although this is not an issue for sshd.

Alson