Date:      Mon, 08 Apr 1996 22:57:24 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   CDM usage

OK.  The CVS tree are taking up 210M (with what appears to be ports,
but they are really small, so they must just be the patch file).

The ctm deltas are taking about 50M or so.

I've not checked out trees, but others have suggested figures in the
150M range (which jibes well with du on /usr/src on the cd).

So looks like the minimum price of admission to just have the source
on line is 400M, and you need another 100M for binaries in various
partitions, for a grand total of 500M.

Thanks everyone that replied with the info.  I've managed to juggle
the disks a little to accomidate this need.  I now have a 200M build
(obj) area and enough space for the CVS archives to grow to about 300M
before I hit real problems.  And 75M for the ctm deltas area. and 200M
each for source code staging.  Or about 600M, which is more than I
wanted to dedicate going in, but still less than the entire 1.6G I
have online.  Now, to a sane backup strategy with my QIC-150...

Thanks again for the info.

Warner