Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:44:23 -0700
From:      DragonRyder <dragonr@xmission.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Prompt Help

I am new to UNIX and FreeBSD. I just started the first month of a
three month course on UNIX Programming. I am enjoying the class and
look forward to learning more about this OS.

My question is this...
I don't like using pwd to determine where I am everytime I go to use a
command. Is there a way of changing the prompt so I don't have to use
the pwd all the time?

NOTE: The server that I am using for my class is my own hard drive. We
reformat the drives and install UNIX on a daily bases. Therefore, if I
mess up on the commands and instructions you give me, I can always
install and try again.

Thank you for your help,
Jef Sullivan