Date:      Sat, 16 May 1998 13:00:58 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Jordan <jordan-k@usa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HMMMMMMMM

On Fri, 15 May 1998, Jordan wrote:

>What can you tell me about it that would apply to personal use and not
>so much server use? I know that there are quite a few similarities
>between Linux and FreeBSD. So I would like some insight or opinion on
>the two in compare and contrast.

For starters, everything you can do with Linux you can do with FreeBSD.
You can even run Linux apps under FreeBSD with emulation.

FreeBSD takes great pains to inssure that ported apps work perfectly
without complaint on FreeBSD. Installation and application is easy as
typing "make" and "make install".

I was utterly newbie whenI first installed FreeBSD. I had ZERO troubles
getting it installed. I don't mind reading instructions though. If you
don't like to read instructions I recommend staying with Win95.

If I could do it, so can you. If you run into trouble, mail this list
before you give up orget frustrated. We can help.

Thank you,       | Try some of this. It will show you where you're at.
Jason Wells	 | http://www.freebsd.org/