Date:      Mon, 24 May 2010 11:08:53 -0700
From:      Chip Camden <sterling@camdensoftware.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   What have I done?

This question is going to make me sound pretty stupid, but I haven't
been able to figure it out.

I had mplayer (the console version) running in one urxvt, and I thought
I had a different urxvt focused when I typed a command (I think it was
'make install clean') -- but mplayer was actually focused instead.  The
ENTER caused mplayer to close (I was listening to a stream URL), and
because I had exec'd mplayer its terminal window closed as well.

I cursed myself for losing focus on my focus, and attempted to restart
mplayer.  It acts like it is playing the track, but no sound.  I've tried
unmute, turning the volume all the way up, deleting my .mplayer files,
still no joy.  I even shutdown and powered off and then rebooted.  Any
other suggestions?
--
Sterling (Chip) Camden | camdensoftware.com | chipstips.com | chipsquips.com