Date:      Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:33:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>
To:        Duane Winner <dwinner-lists@att.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh - restricted shell

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Duane Winner wrote:

> We have an outsider who we want to allow to ssh into this server and do some
> work.

Althougth I have never done it, you could search documentation on doin
jails in FreeBSD.

I believe Bash has a restricted shell of some sort.

I also have seen restricted shells in Freshmeat.net (about 2 weeks ago saw
one updated).

Based on my very limited knowledge of the topic I would say that
restricted shell is the easiest, but jail is the safest.

--
http://stringsutils.com
Utility for developers. Compute length, MD5, CRC and more.