Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 1997 18:56:39 -0600 (CST)
From:      Adrian Gonzalez <agonzalez@starbase.globalpc.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Digiboard PC/16e problem

Hi

I've been trying to get a Digiboard PC/16e multiport card to work with
FreeBSD 2.1.6 and I get the following error message at bootup:

real memory  = 16777216 (16384K bytes)
avail memory = 14946304 (14596K bytes)
<stuff deleted>
dgb0: PC/Xe 64K
dgb0 at 0x220-0x223 maddr 0xf0000 msize 65536 on isa
dgb0: 4th memory test (BIOS load) fails
dgb0: BIOS download failed

The dip switches on the board are set for no irq, port 0x220, ram at
0xf0000.  I've tried moving the board to 0xe0000, and that won't do it
for me either.  If you have any idea what could be wrong, please let me
know.  I'd really like to get this thing working because I have this
spare digiboard lying around unused.

thanks in advance

-Adrian Gonzalez