Date:      Fri, 09 Nov 2007 21:59:21 +0100
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=C3=B8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: a  better  lesskey  helper

Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org> writes:
> Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav wrote:
>> Nikolay Pavlov <qpadla@gmail.com> writes:
>>> There is already such a file there. You just need to proper set an
>>> environment: setenv LESSOPEN '|lesspipe.sh %s'
>> zless will do that for you.
> Now I'm getting a bit confused.  I know you from long before, and I
> know you wouldn't make mistakes easily.  MY zless here doesn't decode
> executables and libs, but there's no man page, and zless --help gives
> only the standard less help info, so I don;'t know what zless does
> that less didn't do before I changed out the lesspipe.sh on my local
> system.

"that" refers to Nikolay's setenv trick.  If you actually define
LESSOPEN in your environment, less will always use it, which may not be
what you want; instead, you can use less when you want to see the actual
file and zless when you want it "decoded".

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav - des@des.no