Date:      Sun, 15 Apr 2001 22:03:54 -0700
From:      "wes weems" <wweems@fix.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   NFS and FIle Locking

Ok....

I currently work at an ISP in central california. My question is this....

I currently am using a heavy duty freebsd box as a poor mans net app
(basically a central file server that other servers feed off). I have NFS
all set up, and systems in place to use the storage. I guess my question is
this... a concern a guy brought up, was freebsd+nfs+file locking. Supposedly
not too many implementations of NFS support file locking, or support it
well. I basically plan on having all data (mail/account info, etc) on the
main storage unit... and have mail/web/shell/accounting servers "feeding"
off of it. I just wanna prevent data loss from occuring. Is anyone using
freebsd in a similar manner, and if so, has anyone seen any odd file
behavior?

This system is a:
pIII 900
160gb raid array
1g ram
running freebsd 4.3beta (thanks to cvs up) =)

Thanks sooo much in advance,

Weston Weems