Date:      Sat, 10 Sep 2005 12:26:45 -0400
From:      Mike Hernandez <sequethin@gmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is fsck trying to tell me?

On 9/10/05, Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
> You're using the default "whole slice" partition, ad1s1c. My guess is,
> you're using the default disklabel for that slice.

Jan is right. The only time I've had the above issue though, was when
I was trying to fsck an ext2 partition without having the proper stuff
installed (e2fsprogs). My error though, of course, was "fsck: exec
fsck_ext2fs.....", as opposed to "fsck_unused". In this case it looks
like fsck is doing what it can but as Jan said, the type for the c
partition is  unused.

Mike