Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 04:20:38 -0600
From:      Kevin Weiss <kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   permission denied in root? (compiling kernel)

--=====================_1061416==_.ALT

Hello all!

I finally got X windows working (twm is kinda boring to the eye though)!

Anyway...I am trying to rebuild my kernel...When I get to the point where
I need to put the following (in root):

/usr/sbin config MY_KERNEL_NAME

I get:

/usr/sbin : permission denied

My root prompt looks like..."mail#".  I already set my self in the wheel
group
also.  Anyone know how to fix this?

Kevin Weiss
kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu

PS - Thanx! :-)

--=====================_1061416==_.ALT

Hello all!<br>
I finally got X windows working (twm is kinda boring to the eye
though)!<br>
Anyway...I am trying to rebuild my kernel...When I get to the point where
I need to put the following (in root):<br>
<i>/usr/sbin config MY_KERNEL_NAME<br>
</i>I get:<br>
<i>/usr/sbin : permission denied<br>
</i>My root prompt looks like...&quot;mail#&quot;.&nbsp; I already set my
self in the wheel group <br>
also.&nbsp; Anyone know how to fix this?<br>
Kevin Weiss<br>
kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu<br>
PS - Thanx! :-)<br>