Date:      Sat, 05 Aug 2000 11:34:41 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Arcady Genkin <antipode@thpoon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Updating local copy of handbook

Arcady Genkin wrote:

> How would I go about updating my local online copy of handbook?  I
> still have the one that I got when installing 3.2-R in 1999, but I'm
> running 4.1-S now.

Install the docproj meta project. It isn't that simple because you
will probably have to install something manually. You also have to set
TeTeX (?) parameters before it will build properly. The make tells you
what they should have been. Then, all you have to do is clean and redo
it.

Then, all you have to do cvsup doc-supfile, cd /usr/doc, make, and
make install. I have an environmental variable
"DOC_LANG=en_US.ISO_8859-1". You will have a set of HTML files in
/usr/doc/en... I mostly use it from KDE and so I copied a link to book
and articles onto a folder on the desktop.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com

Bomber dropping fire retardant in front of Hanford Wild fire.
http://kstewart.urx.com/kstewart/bomber.jpg