Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 2021 04:07:37 +0300
From:      Nyakov Nyakovski <nyakov13@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Search for info on EFI bootloader GELI and bootloader config file

Hi.
Current bootloader implements loading from GELI encrypted root partition.
Bootloader asks passphrase for encrypted partition and tries to decrypt it.

I want to know if there is a way to tell bootloader to use keyfile for decryption instead of asking passphrase.

The I will be able to organize fully encrypted system with bootloader and key file on flash drive.

I failing to find any documentation ( except one blogpost) about GELI support for bootloader.

If someone posses any inside on the matter please share it :)

--
Kira <Nyakov13@gmail.com>