Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2013 15:56:04 -0600
From:      "Joe Thompson" <jt@dhtcolorado.com>
To:        "Charles Swiger" <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: stopping an attack (fraggle like)

You might give another call to the ISP and see if they can at least do a
basic switch ACL to drop UDP to port 19, I typically have not had too
many problems requesting this.  You may also want to make sure any rules
on your side use a drop verses a reject mechanism to avoid backscatter
killing your uplink.  In cases such as these it can often become an
impossible task to deflect without ISP support, might be time to pull
that service level agreement.

~J