Date:      Sun, 12 Aug 2007 10:00:57 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Thierry Thomas" <thierry@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/115428: multimedia/ffmpeg & multimedia/vlc: fix ffmpeg support in VLC

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 07:20:07 -0500, Thierry Thomas <thierry@FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> The following reply was made to PR ports/115428; it has been noted by
> GNATS.
>
> From: Thierry Thomas <thierry@FreeBSD.org>
> To: "Mars G. Miro" <marsgmiro@gmail.com>,
> FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
> Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, edwin@FreeBSD.org, jonc@chen.org.nz
> Subject: Re: ports/115428: multimedia/ffmpeg & multimedia/vlc: fix
> ffmpeg support in VLC
> Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:58:28 +0200
>
>  On Sun 12 aug 07 at 12:30:42 +0200, Mars G. Miro <marsgmiro@gmail.com>
>   wrote:
>  > Hi there,
> Hello,
> >  Does this fffmpeg fix fix the problem describe at
>  >
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2007-August/007268.html
>  > ? I'll see if I can test the patch w/in a couple of days, and report
>  > back.
> Yes, this is exactly the same problem: if you try to watch a video
>  stream with VLC, and ffmpeg is not usable, you get a message like:
> main decoder error: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `xxx'.
>  VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.
> xxx being the requested module.

Umm, it sounds like swscaler should be disable by default if it is causing
weird problems with other options?

You have approve to commit on these ports, even include change the default
of swscaler. Thanks!

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)