Date:      Fri, 2 Dec 2011 12:06:39 -0800
From:      Jack Vogel <jfvogel@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   VLAN HWTSO question/problem

I have just discovered during some validation testing on the em driver,
that if HWTSO is enabled
at the same time as VLAN_HWTAGGING and/or VLAN_HWFILTER that its broken.

Looking at the vlan source its not obvious why this would be the case, but
netperf just fails completely.
I can turn TAGGING off and I can get TSO, or turn off TSO and get
TAGGING/FILTERING, but not
both :(

My tester only has 8.2 to try this on, not sure if its a bug or a design
limitation, can someone
enlighten me?  At the moment I'm thinking of just turning HWTSO off by
default?

Cheers,

Jack