Date:      Sat, 21 Dec 2002 13:39:30 -0600
From:      "Joe Gwozdecki" <joegw@hal-pc.org>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>, "Steve Hodgson" <steve@shodgson.org.uk>
Subject:   Re: Voodoo Graphics Cards

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Hodgson" <steve@shodgson.org.uk>
To: <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 21, 2002 1:28 PM
Subject: Voodoo Graphics Cards

I have been trying to find out if a 3dfx voodoo 3500 AGP is compatible
with FreeBSD 4.7.  I have managed to everything up to a successful GUI
-free login.  I checked out the various web resources and usenet with
no success.  My FreeBSD book (FreeBSd Unleashed) doesn't list the card
in the supported hardware.

I have used the card successfully with Linux, BeOS and Windows (not XP)
so assumed it would be OK under FreeBSD too.

Any help and pointers would be much appreciated at this stage!

Steve Hodgson

FreeBSD will run with any graphics card on the planet.
If you never get into the GUI scene, you will be fine.

It is the X window system which is picky about what will
run and what won't.  Check your card with the video
driver list at www.Xfree.org  If it is not on the list, go
get a card which is and you will be up and going
in no time.

Joe Gwozdecki
Houston, TX