Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:14:12 +0100
From:      "Roderick van Domburg" <r.s.a.vandomburg@student.utwente.nl>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.0 RC3 now available

I would like to point to a currently unresolved issue that Thomas Moestl is
helping me solve on freebsd-sparc@. It isn't listed on the Open Issues page,
but I'd say it's something that needs to be resolved before the release is
rolled.

The thread is titled "panic: trap: fast data access mmu miss" and is about
an error causing the sym SCSI controller to fail to mount root at best, and
panic at worst.

The sym controller is listed as supported hardware, and used in several Sun
boxes, so IMHO I'd say it warrants the attention.

Regards,

Roderick