Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 12:02:13 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD mobile list'" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Wireless?

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 12:14:17PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> Having said that, you can get dlink cards for about $130 a pop and
> they are 11Mb/s.

I know nothing about wireless here, so please pardon my utter
ignorance on the subject...

I have an old P200 as a home firewall.  Is there a matching PCI card I
could use in there as an interface to work with this card?

Since it's my own money I'm spending, I want to be sure before buying.

IIRC, I can use two cards without a base station as basic network
interfaces.  If it can get me from the cable modem in the basement to
the library on the top floor, I'd be happy.

Thanks for any advice,
Michael

--
Michael Lucas