Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 2000 01:40:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Caleb J. Land" <caleb@deepthought.granfalloon.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Return mail address configuration

Hello all,
	This isn't specific to BSD, but I figured that the kind dwellers
of this list might have the knowledge I seek. =)

	I've recently moved my personal mail from Outlook to the standard
UNIX mail system (pine-like, not mh-like).  I get my mail from my ISP's
pop-3 server.  I've set up fetchmail to get the mail, procmail to filter
it out (different mailing lists), and I use pine/arrow (an X client which
is compatible with pine's mail format) to read/send mail (I believe
they
use the local sendmail to send mail). The only problem
is that when I send a message out it appears to come from
caleb@deepthought.granfalloon.com (my domain), but I can't recieve mail at
that address because incoming port 25 is blocked by my ISP, so I have to
use my account on their system.

	Now the punch line: how do I configure pine (or the whichever
piece of software I have to configure) to make my return address into my
real mail address (bokonon@rochester.rr.com)?  I've read man pages and web
pages to no avail.

Sincerely,
Caleb Land