Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:44:14 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Shawn <drevil@warpcore.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where / how to begin the FreeBSD development journey?

Shawn wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 02:04, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > There's a wide range of options, from the expensive to the free
> > online stuff.  At the high end, we have:
> >
> > $1300 https://www.mckusick.com/courses/introorderform.html
> > $1500 https://www.mckusick.com/courses/advorderform.html
>
> Sadly, he doesn't teach these classes anymore (due to lack of students),
> and I don't live anywhere near there. Also, the price is indeed
> prohibitive.

It's the price for the video tapes of the class.  I agree that
it's prohibitive.  He states at the link, though, that he gives
a 50% discount to students, and is willing to work with hardship
cases to negotiate a fair price.  No harm in asking him about it.

> >       http://www.vsi.ru/library/Programmer/fbsdkern/
>
> Nice to know, the information in the Developer's Handbook seems to be
> far more recent and thorough although admittedly PCI DMA information is
> currently out of date according to the document.

The steady state of all documentation is "needs to be updated"...

-- Terry