Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:47:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kcilink.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Payflo on FreeBSD?

MRW> Is anyone using Verisign's Payflo with FreeBSD?  They have both a
MRW> BSDi and a Linux version but seemed disinclined to do a native
MRW> FreeBSD port.

The bugger-heads at VeriSign discontinued the FreeBSD version for some
unknown reason.  The perl-native API was broken because they built
with a threaded perl, and FreeBSD stock perl is not threaded.
Brilliant release engineering, if you ask me.  I guess after I pointed
that out, they pulled it rather than fixing it.  I call them every so
often and ask that they release it again but they tend to ignore me.

Anyhow, the pfpro command line interface works well, and their perl
module can use that instead of the native library calls, if you patch
the PFPRO.pm module properly.  I can provide those patches if you
need.

I assume that the linux pfpro binary will run fine with FreeBSD's
Linuxalator.  Luckily I still have my (patched) freebsd version of the
software.  I doubt that I can share the whole thing, though, as it is
under their copyright.

The software works well and is pretty easy to use, but their tech
support is way disorganized.  If you're lucky to get a response, it is
typical closed-source mentality.  There is no pride in making bug-free
software there, from what I see.