Date:      Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:11:50 +0100
From:      Ruben de Groot <mail25@bzerk.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Who is using ACLs in production?

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 01:20:06PM +0100, Anthony Atkielski typed:
> Anyone using ACLs in production on FreeBSD 5.x?  If so, how do you use
> them, and what are your impressions?  How do they affect performance,
> how reliable is the code, does it really help security, etc.?

I installed many samba servers in small-to-medium sized offices. All have
ACL's enabled and there have been no complaints about performance or
stability. Which is understandable, regarding the fact these samba servers
where mostly replacing NT or w2k fileservers on the same or equivalant
hardware.
Improved security I don't know. It does emulate windows' file permission
quite nicely though.

Ruben