Date:      Wed, 02 Feb 2005 19:02:35 -0300
From:      Sebastian Uribe <suribe@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Travan 3 Parallel Tape Backup in FreeBSD 4.10

Hi,

  I'm trying to install an Imation Travan 3 parallel tape backup in a
FreeBSD 4.10 box. Has FreeBSD support for it?

  I tried several things, including using the mt command with /dev/ppi0:

# mt -f /dev/ppi0 status
mt: Inappropriate ioctl for device

  And i don't know what that could mean. Any idea?

  I've been looking in the freebsd site, and the web, but I couldn't
find any references to using this devices (only found a couple messages
from mailing lists 8 years old asking if there was support for this kind
of thing).

Thanks

--
---