Date:      Sun, 19 May 2002 05:54:24 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TERM type.

On 2002-05-18 21:21, lewiz wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
>   I am wondering if there is any way to have the TERM variable set in
> .cshrc based on the type of shell?
>
>   I use aterm under X and I need TERM to be xterm-color but from the
> console I need to have cons50.  Is there any way to do this?

I don't knwoo about aterm but even the good old xterm(1) has an X11
resource that can be set to the desired terminal type of new windows.

Hint:

	hades+charon:~$ grep termName .Xresources
	XTerm*termName: xterm

	hades+charon:~$ grep userresources= .xinitrc
	userresources=$HOME/.Xresources

	hades+charon:~$ grep xrdb .xinitrc | grep user
	    xrdb -merge $userresources

--
Giorgos Keramidas    - http://www.FreeBSD.org
keramida@FreeBSD.org - The Power to Serve