Date:      Sun, 7 Jul 2002 19:51:48 -0400
From:      Lance M.Westerhoff <lancew@psu.edu>
To:        chat95@mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp (Nakata Maho)
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Intel Fortran Compiler?

In our case, the availability of the Intel FORTRAN compiler is extremely
important.  We are building a 20 node (40 processor) computational
biochemistry cluster and if there is no Intel Fortran compiler available
then we will have to go with Linux instead of FreeBSD.  When you have
code that runs for days or even months, 20-30% makes a huge difference
in wall clock time.

Question for you.  What does the "WARNING: this will lead to a mixed up
installation if you already use the default linux emulation.." at the
`make` mean?  Will the installation of this compiler break my other
Linux ports?

Thanks!

-Lance