Date:      Mon, 05 May 1997 08:42:32 -0500
From:      Dan Harty <kane@accesscomm.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I did bad things to my disk

I have had 4 OS's split equally on two hard drives on my machine for
some time now,OS/2 WinCrap95, FreeBSD and NT. I haven't used NT in
months so I decided to take over it's partition and split it into two to
be mounted on /compat and /freespace. I ran sysinstall and used the
dispart and disklabel program (Apparantly incorrectly as the machine
wigged and did a sync and reboot) when it came back, the BSD bootmanager
cannot find the kernel, my question is, if I originally had two
partitions on this drive (NT and FreeBSD, in that order) and converted
NT to a FreeBSD partition, does that relabel the current FreeBSD
partitions?
IE, would sd1a change to sd1b ?

Generic Duck and Weave:
The above expressed views do not reflect those of BMC Software or
their subsidiaries unless otherwise noted.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying
to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
						        --(Rich Cook)