Date:      Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:45:07 -0400
From:      "Scott I. Remick" <scott@sremick.net>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   can no longer "make index" when merging marcuscom ports

Sometime in the past few days, I've stopped being able to run a "make
index" after merging the marcuscom ports module w/ a freshly cvsup'd ports
tree. It had worked for me before post-Gnome 2.12's inclusion but now I
get the following error. If I cvsup ports without running marcusmerge, I
can "make index" just fine. I am on FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p1

Generating INDEX-5 - please wait.."/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.gnome.mk", line 585: warning:
The USE_GNOME=yes component is deprecated. It should be replaced by some
combination of gnomeprefix, gnomehack, and gtkhtml
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.gnome.mk", line 720: Inconsistent operator for
post-install make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue ===>
audio/timidity++ failed
*** Error code 1
1 error

Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  (INDEX builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections -- in
particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the "ports-all"
collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is the case, then
report the failure to ports@FreeBSD.org together with relevant
details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD version,
your architecture, your environment, and your /etc/make.conf
settings, especially compiler flags and WITH/WITHOUT settings).

Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be fetched
automatically with "make fetchindex".

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
*** Error code 1