Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 07:52:20 +0100 (CET)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
Cc:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RocketRaid133

It seems Scott Long wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 10:30:08PM -0500, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> > At 11:18 PM 2/11/2002 +0100, Søren Schmidt wrote:
> > >I know :) the problem is that it is a driver *just* for the highpoint
> > >cards, whereas the ATA RAID driver support both Promise & Highpoint
> > >cards, even in the same machine :)
> >

> > BTW, how close the Adaptec 2400A and the RocketRaid 404 ?  The HighPoint
> > website alludes to the fact that Adaptec uses the same chips.  Looking at
> > the Adaptec 1200 it seems very similar to the 372.
> >

> The Adaptec 2400A is processor-based, with HighPoint 370 chips hanging off
> the back end.  It is a totally different animal, really.  The 1200A is just
> a rebranded single HighPoint 370.
>
> None of Soerens's work, nor the ata subsystem, will talk to the 2400A.  The
> asr driver will.

Much like the Promise SuperTRAK which I do have drivers for, but it is
also not using the ATA driver, its an intelligent board.

However, this latest ATA-RAID project is supposed to bring all that nice
RAID funtionality to the simple controllers like the Promise Fasttraks
and the Highpoint boards...

-Søren