Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:27:43 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        Bill Smith <bill@saturn.rakupottery.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: postfix not starting

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 22:46:06 +0100
Bill Smith <bill@saturn.rakupottery.org.uk> wrote:

> However neither amavis, clamav or postfix start automatically, they can all be started manually.

you mean that postfix starts if you log in to the box and issue:

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/postfix start

shot in the dark ^2 : something missing in the environment provided by the rc subsystem but OK in your shell - paths ? library paths?

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Software is like sex, its better when its free"
   Linus Torvalds