Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:24:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   'make -DNO_DEPENDS install' causing error

I'm really stumped on this one, and I'm wondering if someone can come up
with something clever here.

In the last revision of portmaster I changed the order of how things are
installed (parent port first, then any run-depends) and added -DNO_DEPENDS
to the make install line so that portmaster could handle installation of
the run-depends. This works fine on my 6-stable and 8-current boxes, but
I've had two users this morning report that this causes the following
error:

make: don't know how to make install. Stop

I can't reproduce this at all (obviously, or I wouldn't have committed the
update) and so far no attempts by the users to debug it has produced even
a hint of what's happening. There is nothing unusual in their make.conf or
ports.conf. One user is using 6.2-p8, I'm waiting for the other user to
respond on what version they are using.

Help?

Doug