Date:      Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:40:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      Daniel Valencia <fetrovsky@yahoo.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        amd64@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Re: Problems with SMP in amd64

John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org> wrote: On Wednesday 08 February 2006 02:54, Daniel Valencia wrote:
> OK... it's Jan. 25th, at 8:14am.
>
> there are a bunch of commits at 8:14:45 that relate to the ata drivers, and
> a couple at second 46 and 47... but that's it.

Interesting.  Those changes are just before the /dev/pts changes that a lot of
people are currently blaming for amd64 instability.  It looks like 8:14am
your time is 6:14pm PST?
well, I don't know where's that 8:14am located, but I'm PST (GMT-8)... I didn't understand that though... amd64 is pretty stable, at least in my experience... and it's after those changes that it got screwed up.  Even more, IIRC, when I compiled GENERIC after that time, it would boot, but the second SATA drive would not be detected at all.  Using a previous kernel, everything works smoothly.

 - Daniel