Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 23:41:08 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
To:        rootman <rootman@xmission.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Justification for using FreeBSD

rootman wrote:
> I really don't want to try to fight the battle of getting all of our intranet
> content moved to FreeBSD/Apache.  This would also be a lot of work, since a
> lot of content is already in place on MS IIS.

I looked over your email again and go to thinking ...
Why would transferring the content from IIS to Apache be so much work?
If it's just html pages, it'll run equally well on either machine with
no changes - just copy the files.
However, if it's written in ASP, check out the asp2php program, which
will convert your ASP programs to php programs. Also check out the
author's web site and some of his stories about how terrible ASP is.

-Bill

--
If a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush,
then what can I get for two hands in the bush?