Date:      Mon, 06 Sep 2004 00:15:38 -0400
From:      Tim Kellers <kellers@njit.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Sahil Tandon <sahil@hamla.org>
Subject:   Re: portsdb -Uu results in coredump

I pkg_delete'd portupgrade and all of ruby, reinstalled portupgrade (and all
of ruby) and had to do a portsdb -Uu even after I did a make fetchindex
in /usr/ports to make the pkgdb in /var/db/pkg happy.  Since I've done all of
those things, portupgrade is working again.  I had to to this on three
machines --2 5.3 beta2 and one 4.10-STABLE, although on the stable machine I
managed to skip the portsdb -Uu step after the make fetchindex step.
Whatever broke the pkgdb did it around the 8500 number port in the index.

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT