Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:08:20 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        Cr33p1n@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About your operating  system

On 2002-02-10 18:02, Cr33p1n@aol.com wrote:
> Hi i want to run freebsd on one of my computers but it doesnt have a modem
> and i was wondering if you could help me out with a list of modems (i prefer
> external)  that are compatible with freebsd.

I've had problems with some internal modems (those that are called
'Winmodems') by the Unix folk), and with some external USB modems.

An external, serial modem will work without problems in FreeBSD, Linux,
Windows, or what operating system you happen to have handy...  Go for one
of these.

Giorgos Keramidas                           FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}      http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/