Date:      Thu, 7 Apr 2016 18:04:41 +1000
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strangenesses with package dependencies

--Bi+HF1AHjw0mn3zx

Bug 208575 describes a problem installing the hugin package: most of
the dependencies didn't get installed.  It works fine building the
port from source, and neither I nor edwin@ (ex-mentor) can work out
why.  Here's what I get when I try 'pkg install hugin' on my test box:

  FreeBSD stable.lemis.com 10.3-STABLE FreeBSD 10.3-STABLE #0: Thu Apr  7 13:13:03 AEST 2016     root@stable.lemis.com:/usr/obj/eureka/home/src/FreeBSD/svn/stable/10/sys/GENERIC  amd64

  New packages to be INSTALLED:
        hugin: 2016.0.0_1
        p5-Image-ExifTool: 10.10
        vigra: 1.11.0
        hdf5: 1.8.15_1
        fftw3-float: 3.3.3_2

In /usr/ports/graphics/hugin, make run-depends-list lists all the
dependencies.

Looking at the package
(http://pkg.freebsd.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest/All/hugin-2016.0.0_1.txz),
the file +MANIFEST contains the names of all the dependencies.  After
replacing , with \n, I get stuff like:

  "OpenEXR":{"origin":"graphics/OpenEXR"
  "version":"2.2.0_5"}
  "glew":{"origin":"graphics/glew"
  "version":"1.13.0"}

All the missing dependencies are listed in +MANIFEST.  I don't know
enough about the format to determine if something's wrong, but
currently this looks like a pkg issue to me.

Any thoughts?  Anything else I can try?  The package is very new
(2016-Apr-07 01:59), not quite 6 hours old.  And yes, I've checked
that the problem still occurs with this version.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger grog@FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.