Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:58:12 +0100
From:      "Daniel S. Haischt" <me@daniel.stefan.haischt.name>
To:        babaloo munchies <babaloomunchies@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen@fabiankeil.de>
Subject:   Re: Production Release 5.3 Installation Won't Boot

I had the same problem (continous boot cycle if booting
from the CDROM media).

In my case FreeBSD 5.3 did not like my Promise IDE
controller ...

babaloo munchies schrieb:

> One difference between 4.8 & 5.3 is that the 5.3 loads
> ACPI , but is the ACPI module loaded in the
> installation kernel? Is it an interrupt problem?  I
> don't know.  But I do have 5.3 running happily on it
> now thanks to teh floppies.

AFAIK - FreeBSD, per defualt, does not boot with ACPI
enabled.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards
Daniel S. Haischt

Wan't a complete signature??? Type at a shell prompt:
$ > finger -l haischt@daniel.stefan.haischt.name