Date:      Mon, 06 Jan 1997 09:46:24 +1100 (EST)
From:      cactoid <cactoid@kwest.com.au>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: A cool xterm?

Hi..

I use "ansi_xterm", which is available from;

/pub/Linux/X11/xutils/terms/ansi-xterm-R6.tgz
(Yes it compiles just fine on FreeBSD)

..and inside that archive is a font called vga.pcf. A combination of these two
make a really nice looking terminal. I have a customised .Xdefaults as well,
here is the relevant bits:

! AnsiXTerm
ansi_xterm*title:                   moog console
ansi_xterm*font:                    vga
ansi_xterm*iconName:                nxterm
ansi_xterm*reverseVideo:            true
ansi_xterm*scrollBar:               true
ansi_xterm*visualBell:              true
ansi_xterm*geometry:                80x32
ansi_xterm*saveLines:               256
ansi_xterm.vt100.background:        Black
ansi_xterm.vt100.foreground:         LightGray

!Eye saving pastel colors
*VT100*color1: #ff4867
*VT100*color2: #77f0a0
*VT100*color3: #ffff90
*VT100*color4: #00a0b0
*VT100*color5: #fe80b0
*VT100*color6: #80c0ff

Oh, btw - i also use neXtaw widgets, instead of plain old Athena. These can be
downleeched from http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~kojima/tkstep.html.

If you need any help finding anything, just let me know. Remember to read the
docs with ansi_xterm and add the define needed to get ansi colours.

-- cactoid. /\/-> http://www.kwest.com.au /\/-> cactoid@kwest.com.au