Date:      Fri, 19 May 2017 08:41:13 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
To:        Emeric POUPON <emeric.poupon@stormshield.eu>
Cc:        freebsd-arch <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: numa and taskqueues

Hi,

I've been worried about the trend to create ncpu*taskqueue or
ndomain*taskqueue for things unless we really need the priority /
preemption behaviour. Otherwise we will just end up with a lot of
pcpu/pdomain taskqueues that sit idly and/or compete infficiently.

Anyway - I think it'd be nice to have domain aware and pcpu aware
taskqueues so we can eventually migrate to a taskqueue group model of
"one top level things for net processing" for devices to share, etc,
etc. But for the short term just prototype it with some thin API in
crypto that wraps the taskqueue / kproc work so it gets done, then
push that work out for review/evaluation. if it does indeed work the
way you intend, we can try to use it as a template for a higher level,
shared taskqueue thing.

Thanks,

-adrian