Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 1997 00:17:35 +0100
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pcvt/132 columns

As Terry Lambert wrote:

> > > FreeBSD does not support ELF.
> >
> > Terry doesn't know anything about FreeBSD.

> I can't load an ELF kernel with my a.out expecting boot blocks.
>
> Are you saying this has changed recenty?

So by your definition, ``DOS doesn't support .EXE files.'', since you
cannot boot it as an .EXE file?

Btw., the first submission for an ELF-aware bootstrap predates John's
ELFkit by at least one year, it is from the time where the `Lites'
fever was going'round.  Be assured, the bootstrap is the least of the
problems if it comes to an ELF kernel.  (This patch came from Bryan
Ford <baford@schirf.cs.utah.edu>, on 21 Apr 95 17:46:04 MDT.  I can
forward you the entire article if you want.)

Now, there's also GRUB.

--
cheers, J"org