Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 2014 13:00:43 -0400
From:      ito <egunther@warwick.net>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   RPI, config.txt: overscan, not working

Hello,

I have a raspberry pi,

	Model B Revision 2.0 (512MB)
which has the logo along with:
	Raspberry Pi
	(c)2011.12
written on it.

I have obtained a image for freebsd to run from here:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/arm/armv6/ISO-IMAGES/10.0/

I uncompressed the image on a OpenSUSE system, and used,

sudo dd if=FreeBSD-10.0-RELEASE-arm-armv6-RPI-B-20140131-r260789.img
of=/dev/sdd

to put the image on a micro SD... with that card and adapter I have
successfully boot freebsd.

The problem I am facing now is that I am using the yellow SVGA (RCA type
plug) cables to use an old Television as a monitor, with this setup I
have an issue with the text running off of the screen.

I have tried the config.txt file with
overscan_disable=0
overscan_left=20
overscan_right=20
overscan_top=20
overscan_bottom=20

added to the existing config.txt

I have tried to load vesa:

kldload vesa

where I get a prompt that it does not exist.

I looked in the kernel directory (/boot/kernel/)  and there is no vesa,
not sure what that means.

I am assuming that there is something that is not happening with the
config.txt.  I saw mention of using the files here to replace the files
on the pi;

https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware

SO, essentially, how do I get the text to stop from spilling off of the
screen (command prompt-no gui).

Thank You,

ito