Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 19:27:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        "David G. Bertagni" <bertagni@voicenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kde on 2.2.5 CDROM?

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, David G. Bertagni wrote:

> First, I was to say thanks for producing FreeBSD. I've been fooling around
> with many Unix and Unix like systems for some time and I find that FreeBSD
> just "feels right". Keep up the good work.

Thank you for the kind words.

> Now on to the stupid user questions:
>
> 1) Is kde on the 2.2.5 CDROM? The docs imply that it is but I can't find
> it. If not where is the best site to get it from?

I personnaly like the latest and greatest kde. I would install it this
way.

The best way to install the latest port of KDE is too grab the port from
the FreeBSD website or ftp site. Put the port in /usr/ports/x11/kde. Cd
to /usr/ports/x11/kde. Then do 'make'.

When you type 'make' the latest and bestest tarfiles will be fetched,
patched, and built for you.

Then do 'make install' to finish the job.

I believe the tarfile is fetched from a kde.org server but I am not
sure.

Have fun,	 | Stop warning me about the latest virus. Learn more...
Jason Wells	 | http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html