Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 1997 20:48:25 -0600
From:      "Richard J. Barton" <rbarton@dfw.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sound Card Support Question

Dear FreeBSD Folks,

I have been running FreeBSD happily for 2 years now.  I am currently
running 2.2-960323-SNAP.  I am finally getting around to buying a
SoundBlaster system and I need to know which one is currently supported.
I see that the SB 16 is listed, but I don't see SB 32, nor do I
understand how the PnP is accomplished.  It seems that once I set
the kernel devices up in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf accordinly, it will
take care of it.

So... if I buy a SoundBlaster 32 PnP system, will it work, and it not,
will the SoundBlaster 16 PnP work?

Thanks.

rick
P.S.:  I look forward to the 2.2 release.  You guys do a great job!
--

                          \/ o \/
 any landing you can walk  \___/  away from is a good one
                           / | \                       rbarton@dfw.net