Date:      Thu, 02 Nov 2000 20:24:32 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Damien Tougas <damien@carroll.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where is the KDE2 CD Player?

Damien Tougas wrote:

> I just recently installed KDE2 from the ports, and though there is
> supposed to be a CD player, it does not appear to be anywhere that I
> can find. I also installed kmultimdedia2, but that does not have it
> either. Does this somehow not get installed during the ports
> installation? Or have they named it somthing completely different?

Scsiio.h was deleted from FreeBSD's include tree. KDE's kscd tries to
include it and can't. The make for kscd in kdemultimedia2 dies but
finishes without it. If you have a scsi cdrom, you can't do anything
because scsiio.h is for the old style pre-cam scsi and not appropriate
in the new environment. I had an ide cdrom and grabbed a copy from the
Attic off of ncvs/src/sys/sys/Attic/scsiio.h,v. I have a 2nd machine
with a DVD ROM on it and kscd crashes horribly with the old scsiio.h
installed. I haven't looked to see what would have to be changed in
/usr/ports/audio/kdemultimedia2/work/kdemultimedia-2.0/kscd/libwm/plat_freebsd.c
to work with cam_scsi.

Kent

> --
> Damien Tougas