Date:      Sun, 02 Sep 2007 18:37:23 -0700
From:      Predrag Punosevac <punosevac@math.arizona.edu>
To:        Pollywog <lists-fbsd@shadypond.com>,  questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sadly, my tinker-time has run out....

> There must be some trick to accessing a FreeBSD server via VNC.
> I have done it on Linux but I could not get it to work in FreeBSD.

There are no tricks? You just install VNC. Then type vncserver and you
will guided to
create password and given server extension. So for instance if your
server name is oko.net and vnc client number 1 you will access it with
vncviewer oko.net:1
To customize your vnc experience file .vnc/xstartup must be edited. You
can specify Window Manager or Desktop. Your firewall must be adjusted as
well.

I am watching this thread and  wondering why are we discussing Ubuntu
and Linux on this forum. Don't you guys have your own forum to discuss.

PC-BSD is far easier to configure than Ubuntu. It is much more solid.We
have Ubuntu as a Desktop OS at Department of Mathematics at the
University or Arizona. It is full of problems and we have six very good
system administrators that also run our Debian servers flawlessly. By
the way Ubuntu has a problem with keyboard mapping in VNC mode. So it is
useless unless you run 6.04 version or older.

This seems to me as feeding a troll. If somebody wants to use Ubuntu, OS
X or Windows it is their choice but issues related to that operating
systems should not be discussed hire.