Date:      Mon, 23 May 2005 12:02:00 +0200
From:      Marco Beishuizen <marco@beishuizen.info>
To:        g.todd@internet.co.nz
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Balsa 2.3.2 Crash with attachments

The wise Glenn Todd entered on stardate 05/23/05 11:07:
> I am running Balsa 2.3.2 with Gnome 2.10 on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p15
>
> If I try to attached a file to an email Balsa crashes.  The only
> information is what I have seen in Bug Buddy
>
> Thread 6 (LWP 100195):
> #0  0x28afeef7 in pthread_testcancel () from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
> No symbol table info available.
> #1  0x28af7675 in pthread_mutexattr_init () from  /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
> No symbol table info available.
> #2  0x08116000 in ?? ()
> No symbol table info available.
>
> Is this a problem with Balsa, libpthread, gnome 2.10 or something with
> my installation.  I upgraded to 2.10 using the upgrade scripts and
> updated the rest of my ports using portsupgrade as recently as last
> Friday.

I had Balsa crashing also. Not only when I tried to attach a file but also
when opening the address book. I didn't get any error messages though, so I
have no idea what the problem is.

Marco

--
"It's easier said than done." ... and if you don't believe it, try proving
that it's easier done than said, and you'll see that "it's easier said that