Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 2002 21:50:12 +0300
From:      Andrew <perl@ukrpost.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Backups

  Hello All.

1.  I want to make backup of my FreeBSD HDD into file over the network
with  ability  to replicate my HDD back easy from first to last sector
(like Norton Ghost for Windoze does)?

2.  What  is  the  best tool to pack and save somewhere in the network
critical  data  like configuration files, Maildirs, logs etc? I can do
that  with  cron  + tar + bzip but may be there are some sophisticated
tools  to  backup  only  changed  files, save those files to CD-writer
(without my participation) in multiple sessions, with warnings on mail
when CD-R is full etc?

--
Yours sincerely,
 Andrew                          mailto:perl@ukrpost.net