Date:      Mon, 29 Feb 2016 18:03:44 -0600
From:      Erik Moe <e.moe@rcn.com>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peter@rulingia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on the RaspberryPi 3

I ordered one from element14 this morning.  No ETA when it will arrive.  =46rom=
 what I've read recent versions of NOOBS or Raspbian will run on it.  So I t=
hink you can run a 32-bit OS on the RPI3, which would mean you could run the=
 current version of FreeBSD on the RPI3.  It's not entirely clear to me.  I q=
uote from the website:

"At launch, we are using the same 32-bit Raspbian userland that we use on ot=
her Raspberry Pi devices; over the next few months we will investigate wheth=
er there is value in moving to 64-bit mode."

They only talk about userland and not the about the kernel.  But from my lim=
ited knowledge of ARMv8, I think it's possible.

I doubt that FreeBSD would support WiFi and Bluetooth out the gate.

Erik