Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 14:47:46 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>
To:        dan@langille.org
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2.7 available this weekend

> Joe: Can I urge you to get listed under the freebsd.org domain?  That
> way, your archives will be automagically listed at freebsdmirrors.org...

I don't have a problem with it.  I think I used to be one of the FreeBSD
mirrors in years way back, back when I was also exploding mail for the
mail lists, but I pretty much refuse to run mirroring scripts because I
like to be _sure_ that what I've got is right.  My servers all run in
heavy securemode, and you'll notice that all distributions get marked
schg read-only once they hit the disk and are verified.  That sort of
paranoia is sorta mutually exclusive with the idea of automatic mirroring.

FWIW, I wasn't even aware that "freebsdmirrors.org" existed.
--
... Joe